The CyanogenMod team made switching from your phone’s original Android setup to its own Custom OS much easier with paired mobile and desktop installer apps. But CyanogenMod team were contacted by the Google Play Support team to say that CyanogenMod Installer application is in violation of Google Play’s developer terms, so they had to take it out from Google Play store. But you can still download it from different sources and install it on your mobile and install CyanogenMod.
The installer automates the process needed to install the custom ROM on your Android device. You need to install the software on your PC to get CM installed on your phone or tablet. For you convenience, I will give you a tutorial on How to install CyanagenMod Rom easily on your device if supported by the installer. You can check the end of this tutorial to see if your device is supported.
NOTE: This may void your warranty. I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device.
Keep in Mind!!!
- Charge your battery. Don’t attempt the install with a partially drained battery.
- Don’t use a USB hub. Plug your cable directly into a port on the workstation.
- Disable any anti-virus software for the duration of the install.
- Back up your data.
You don’t have to root the phone or unlock the bootloader of the phone, the installer will do it for you. So, Let’s get started.
Download the CyanogenMod installer app on your Smartphone or scan the QR code.
To install this apps you have to first copy it to your smartphone. Than with the help of your file manager, navigate to the folder you copied and click on it. If the app could not be installed be sure you have selected to install the apps from unknown source.
Settings>>Security>> and check on unknown sources.(Check the Image)
After finish installing, open the app and follow the instruction.
Now you can download the installer for Vista, Window 7 / 8.
It depends upon the settings on your phone the number of instruction that you will be getting on the screen after installing the installer app for Windows.
Follow the instructions displayed on your Computer Screen to continue the installation process. See if the installer has correctly detected your Smartphone. After the installer has correctly detected your Smartphone and downloaded all the required software you will see a window saying Everything is ready. Please be patience, it may take some times. Let it download whatever it downloads.
After you click Install it will perform everything it needs to install CyanagenMod Rom on your Smartphone. It will unlock your bootloader if it is not already unlocked. It will root your phone if it is not already rooted. Then it will install the ROM. Please be patience it may take sometimes. Your device will reboot many times during the installation.
If you have Common question or have any General troubleshooting question, you can visit wiki page of Cyanogenmod.
Supported Devices as of 2013-11-12
- crespo-Google Nexus S
- crespo4g-Google Nexus S 4G
- maguro-Google Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
- toro-Google Galaxy Nexus (Verizon)
- toroplus-Google Galaxy Nexus (Sprint)
- grouper-Google Nexus 7 (WiFi)
- tilapia-Google Nexus 7 (GSM)
- flo-Google Nexus 7 2013 (WiFi)
- mako-Google Nexus 4
- manta-Google Nexus 10
- skyrocket-Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket
- hercules-Samsung Galaxy S II Hercules
- i9100-Samsung Galaxy S II (Intl)
- i9300-Samsung Galaxy S III (Intl)
- d2att-Samsung Galaxy S III (AT&T)
- d2spr-Samsung Galaxy S III (Sprint)
- d2tmo-Samsung Galaxy S III (T-Mobile)
- d2usc-Samsung Galaxy S III (US Cellular)
- d2cri-Samsung Galaxy S III (Cricket)
- t769-Samsung Galaxy S III (T-Mobile)
- jfltexx-Samsung Galaxy S4 (Intl)
- jfltespr-Samsung Galaxy S4 (Sprint)
- jfltecan-Samsung Galaxy S4 (Canada)
- jfltecri-Samsung Galaxy S4 (Cricket)
- jfltecsp-Samsung Galaxy S4 (C Spire)
- jfltetmo-Samsung Galaxy S4 (T-Mobile)
- jflteusc-Samsung Galaxy S4 (US Cellular)
- n7000-Samsung Galaxy Note (Intl)
- quincyatt-Samsung Galaxy Note (AT&T)
- quincytmo-Samsung Galaxy Note (T-Mobile)
- t0lteS-amsung Galaxy Note II (GSM LTE)
- n7100-Samsung Galaxy Note II (GSM)
- t0lteatt-Samsung Galaxy Note II (AT&T)
- t0ltetmo-Samsung Galaxy Note II (T-Mobile)
- l900-Samsung Galaxy Note II (Sprint)
- m7ul-HTC One (Unlocked)
- m7tmo-HTC One (T-Mobile)
- m7att-HTC One (AT&T)
- m7spr-HTC One (Sprint)