Ok, let me guess, you were downloading some software like Window 7(OS) or Microsoft Visual Studio and the file extention is .iso or .dmg. So you need to install it but you can’t figure it out how to install.
The delightfully useful Disk Utility built into OS X can burn disk images to optical media in a few easy steps. Also it is really simple for windows with some free software.
- Launch Disk Utility (Applications > Utilities).
- Insert your blank DVD or CD.
- Drag and drop your .dmg or .iso file to the left pane in Disk Utility. Now both the blank disk and the .iso/.dmg should be listed.
- Select the .iso/.dmg file you want to burn to disc, and click on the Burn button. A dialog box confirming the destination (your blank CD/DVD) will appear.
- Just wait till the CD is burned.
DMG is a Mac OS X Disk Image. It is intended to be used with the Mac operating system. However, with PowerISO, you can open and extract dmg file on Windows PC. PowerISO can also burn dmg file to a CD / DVD, or convert it to an ISO file.
Download | PowerISO
- Run PowerISO.
- Click “Burn” button on toolbar or choose “Tools > Burn” Menu.
- PowerISO shows “DMG Burner” dialog.
- Choose the DMG file you want to burn.
- Select the burning drive and burning speed.
- Click “Burn” button to start burning.
- Run PowerISO.
- Click the “Open” button on toolbar or choose “File > Open” menu to open an iso file.
- Select the files and directories you want to extract.
- Click the “Extract” button on toolbar to open “Extract ISO” dialog.
- Choose the destination directory.
- If you want to extract all files, you should select “All files” option.
- Click the “OK” button to start extracting.