Please Continue at your own risk. I do not take any responsibility if your Phone is damaged or of any violation of guarantee. If you are not experienced in installing Custom ROM you better seek a professional help. Only applicable for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505.
THINGS THAT MUST BE DONE BEFORE INSTALLING THE ROM:
- Your Phone must be rooted and CWM Recovery or TWRP(TeamWin Recovery Project) should be installed. Click here to install CWM Recovery on your Smartphone.
- Make sure you have enabled USB debugging enabled. Tap Menu>Settings>Application>Developments. Then enable USB debugging. (May differ according to the Version of Android you are using.)
- Back up your data like SMS, Contacts, Installed apps and others. You may loose them so back up before you take any steps further.
- Install the Samsung Galaxy S4 USB drivers.
- Be sure that your Smartphone is Fully charged.
Install the Android 4.3 ROM.
- Download the Android 4.3 ROM. You can dowlaod it from XDA Developers Forum. Link is given below. After downloading copy the file to your smartphone.”DO NOT EXTRACT THE FILE.” Download | XDA
- Turn off your mobile and boot into CWM or ClockworkMod Recovery by pressing VOLUME DOWN, POWER and HOME button together.(But the TWRP(TeamWin Recovery Project) should also work fine. If you are using TWRP then follow the steps according to it’s function. I think finding the options there is not that difficult.) Now your touch screen stops working. You have to use Volume up and down button to select the options.
- If you want to back up your current version of Android you are using you can back up here. Becareful, may be you don’t like this ROM you are installing or something goes wrong, you can restore your Original ROM. So Back up is recommended.
- Now Select “Wipe data/factory reset.” Please do not fast forward any steps, conform any steps after performing it. It will delete all your SMS, Google account and others but not your Media Storage.
- Then Select Install zip from Sdcard and select choose zip from sdcard, Navigate to the Android 4.3 ROM and click on it. Select Yes for Conforming.
- It will take some time. After installation is complete go back to Main Recovery Menu and select reboot system now to reboot the Smartphone.
- Have Patience, it may take couple of minutes or even longer. After that your samsung galaxy S4 will boot into Android 4.3 .
Incase you happen to have some problems you can always restore your original Rom as you had Backed up in step 3 from the option “backup and restore”. If the first boot takes long time than you can remove the battery and re-insert the battery back after some minutes and repeat all the process once again.