Sony Xperia Z is a incredible Smartphone from Sony. I have been using this gadget since half a year now and I like it very much.
In few Steps, I will quickly guide you through Rooting your Sony Xperia Z Smartphone. You can be the super user of this great gadget and can take great and cool advantages of your mobile.
This will work on both LOCKED and UNLOCKED BOOT-LOADER devices.
Before rooting I think It is better to know the Advantages and Disadvantages of Rooting your Smartphone. You can read that on my other article I wrote on Advantages and Disadvantages of Rooting Android Phones.
This rooting is tested on
Xperia Z (C6602/3), Xperia Z (C6602/3), Xperia Z (C6606), Xperia ZL (C6503),
Xperia ZR (M35h), Xperia ZR (C5502/C5503), Xperia Tablet Z (SGP311/2), Xperia Tablet Z
Xperia SP (C5302), Xperia SP (C5302/3/6), Xperia T (LT30p), Xperia T (LT30p),
Xperia TX (LT29i), Xperia TX (LT29i), Xperia V (LT25i), Xperia V (LT25i), Xperia Ion (LT28h), Xperia S (LT26i), Xperia S (LT26i), Xperia SL (LT26ii), Xperia SL (LT26ii), Xperia Acro S (LT26w), Xperia Acro S (LT26w), Xperia P (LT22i), Xperia Go (ST27i), Xperia Go (ST27a), Xperia J (ST26a/i), Xperia L (C2104/5), Xperia AX (SO-01E), Xperia Z (SO-02E), Tablet Z (SO-03E), Xperia GX (SO-04D), Xperia A (SO-04E), Xperia A (SO-04E), Xperia SX (SO-05D), Xperia VL (SOL21), Xperia VL (SOL21) ,Xperia VL (SOL21), Xperia UL (SOL22), Google Nexus 4 (JDQ39), Google Nexus (JOP40C/JZO54K), LG Optimus G E975 v10e
[Source : XDA-DEVELOPERS]
Things to keep in mind before rooting.
- Make Sure your Phone is charged up to 70%.
- Make sure you have installed drivers for your device.
- Enable “USB DEBUGGING“.
- Enable “Unknown Source”.
- Increase the screen timeout to more than 10 minutes.[Optional]
- Connect USB Cable to your Smartphone and then connect to the PC.
In this tutorial we will do the following things.
- Root your device
- Install Busybox
- Install SuperUser Files
So How to root sony Xperia Smartphones?
- Download the Rooting Toolkit for sony Xperia to your computer. Download | DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v17_perf-event-exploit.zip
- Extract the downloaded zip file folder in your Desktop or any folder you like.
- Besure your Smartphone is connected to your PC. If not connect it.
- Go to the folder where you extracted the Zip file.
- Run the RUNME.bat file.
- Read and follow the instructions on the screen.
- REBOOT THE DEVICE AFTER THE SCRIPT HAS FINISHED EXECUTION.
If you followed all the steps above correctly, you should effectively root your Sony Xperia Smartphone. If you experienced any problems then let us know. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you are facing issue of device rebooting when remounting /system partition then checkout this link.
All the tutorial and the downloadable links are collected from various sources in Internet. We are not responsible for any damage to your device or any kind of voilation of garuentee of your Device. Here We publish the article best to our knowledge. So, Please Follow the tutorials at your own risk.