- Any MIDP 2.0 mobile (like 6630, N73 , 6210 Navigator etc) with multitasking.
- Hiisi Suite Client for mobile — Download here
- Hiisi Suite Proxy for PC — Download Here
- Bluetooth Dongle in case of Desktop. (Laptop has inbuilt support)
- Java JRE (Installed in most of the PC’s)
1. Phone installation :
- Download Hiisi Suite Client for mobile.
- Copy both files to your Phone memory or Memory card
- Both files should reside in the same directory
- Then use your phone’s file manager to locate and run hiisi.jad file
- please install hiisi.jad not hissi.jar
- When prompted for installation install in the memory where the files are stored . i.e., phone memory or memory card
- Now a new application will appear as ‘Hiisi Proxy’.
- Now we have successfully set up the client on phone.
2. PC installation :
- Download Hiisi Suite Client for PC.
- Extract the files.
- then u see pihatonttu .go inside that
- Right click ‘Pihatonttu’ and click edit
there somewhere may be written com5 or something like that u may have to edit that.
- Now edit the COM port number to correct value and open Pihatonttu. Finding your COM Port :
- Open Device Manager and expand Ports (COM & LPT)
- The first Bluetooth serial port should be the required one
- In this example COM 15 should be used.
if u donot find comport in ur device manager then go to control panel and type bluetooth
this screen shot is seen in device manager.
- now save it after changing the com port
- after saving that close the window and double click it again.
- You’ll get the following window. Minimize it.
- Now we have successfully set up the proxy server on PC.
3. Access Point Configuration:
NOTE : For this, you need to have a default access point
- Goto Settings->Phone settings->Connection->Destinations->Internet->Edit (May vary for your phone like Tools > Settings > Connection > Access points > Options >… )
- Click Options in left side and choose ‘Advanced Settings’
- Navigate to Proxy server address and input 127.0.0.1
- Navigate to Proxy Port Number and input 1234
- If your mobile service provider didn’t provide access point , create a dummy access point.
- Input any name for access point.
- Then click advanced settings from left menu and input the Proxy server address as 127.0.0.1 and Proxy Port number as 1234
- Well done, now your dummy access point has been setup.
- Both thing mentioned above are same thing.
4. Making use of your PC’s internet connection :
- Run the ‘Hiisi Proxy’ software in your phone.
- Click yes if it asks ‘ Allow Hiisi Proxy to use network and send or receive data? ‘ (Refer Fig 1)
- Select ‘ Bluetooth Mode’ and wait till it inquires blue tooth devices. (Refer Fig 2)
- Choose your computers bluetooth name and wait for it to search serial ports. (Note : Make sure Hiisi Proxy is running in your PC)
- On the next screen you will see the btspp://….. selection.This is the RFCOMM service and you need to select this one. (select the first and not the second) (Refer Fig 3)
- Click Options in the left menu and mark Check now option under Blue tooth connection and click OK.
- Now you should get ‘Hiisi Proxy [Bluetooth Mode]‘ is idling. (Refer Fig 4)
- Now without closing the application , open web browser (The application which opens when you press 0 (zero) in nokia mobile phones).
- Make sure to select the correct access point when it asks.
- Also you will find the sites you are visiting in the PC Proxy window. (Refer Fig 5)
- That’s it, you now you can share PC internet with your mobile phone.
- In the Hiisi proxy mobile client , you can choose various user agents in options/settings. The default Softbank will acts as Nokia N73 and displays pages optimized for it. Choosing other user agents will render the page in PC view.
- If a webpage on phone displays 500 error then try changing the user agent to Softbank.
- It works perfectly for access points of Indian Service Providers such as Airtel Mobile Office, Aircel.
- Remove the proxy and port number when you want to connect to GPRS.
- You can use Opera Mini too. Make sure you install using normal GPRS and then use this proxy to access internet.
- Use IPV4 in access point settings.