Ever wondered how you can get a country specific domain for Nepal ie. the ones ending in .np like .com.np or .org.np etc.? Are you interested to get a free domain of your own? In this week’s Sunday’s how-to article, we are going to provide you a step-by-step guide on how to get one.
Firstly, why do you need your own domain? Well, personal users may want to create own homepage and blogs without sharing contents to other services. Also, artists and other self-employed persons can use their online presence in own sites to showcase their CV and talents as well as portfolios and previous works. I find it particularly important to small industries to gain more market recognition and to advertise their product. Using your own domain adds more appeal to your products and services.
- Nepali citizenship or organization registered in Nepal.
- E-copy of relevant documents, citizenship/license for personal and company registration or tax clearance form for organizations.
- Hosting service and their primary and secondary (and optionally tertiary) nameservers. Check this post.
Now, let’s move forward to actual how-to.
- Goto register.mos.com.np
- Take some time to read the Terms and Conditions. It might save you a lot of time and annoyances later.
- Think of the required domain name and check it availability. If it is not available, try something else.
- If the domain name is available, drag it to the basket to book it.
- Register an account. Review the information for accuracy before submitting.
- Confirm your email address. It may take a while to receive the email with confirming link, so be patient.
- After confirmation, you’ll be redirected to a page. Fill the form with relevant information. Upload required documents.
- Submit the form for processing.
- Confirm your form has been submitted. Meanwhile you can change the filled info and moniter status from this page.
- You’ll be notified under 3 working days, if not earlier.
So, there you go folks. It is as easy as that.
If you have any questions, leave us a comment and we’ll try to help you out.