There are many how-to’s on internet for solving windows small problems. Small issue can be sometime so painful. But there stands FixWin to solve many of those problems, it repairs & fixes common Windows annoyances & issues. FixWin detects whether you have Windows 7 or Windows Vista installed and accordingly offers you the relevant fixes.
FixWin has over 50 instant repair options for some of Window’s most common and hard to fix problems. FixWin is a must have program for anyone who has a windows computer, it is also very useful if you do computer repair professionally or as a hobby. It is free and portable so you can place it on a CD or flash drive.
The solutions to repair and fix 50 common Windows annoyances, issues & problems have been categorized under 5 tabs: Windows Explorer, Internet & Connectivity, Windows Media, System Tools & Misc Additional Fixes.
Here are the complete list of functions and features.
- Recycle Bin icon missing from desktop
- Reset Folder View settings to default
- Game Explorer is not working
- Enable Folder Options in Tools menu and Control Panel
- Fix show hidden files, folders and drives. Helpful if malware has changed the settings and prevents restoration in the folder options.
- Restore the Windows Sidebar
- Fix Recycle Bin icon, if it does not refresh automatically anymore
- Repair Explorer.exe so that it starts on system boot
- Drive icons (CD, DVD, Blu-Ray) missing or not recognized by Windows or programs.
- Fix Thumbnails not working in Windows Explorer
Internet and Connectivity
- Internet Explorer icon is missing on the desktop
- Skip the Internet Explorer Run Once wizard, that sometimes appears more than once.
- Enable access to Internet Options
- Increase Internet Explorer maximum connections from two to download more files at once.
- Fix ability to change homepage in Internet Explorer
- Repair Runtime Error Dialogs appearing in Internet Explorer
- Repair Internet Connection and reset TCP/IP settings to default values
- Fix Font Style and Blurry Text in Source window in Internet Explorer 8
- Reset IE settings to default
- Enable right-click menu in Internet Explorer
- Repair An internal application error has occurred when starting Windows Media Player
- Fix Windows Media Player stops responding after installing a third party product that registers its own wmp.dll file
- Repair the slideshow in WMP
- Fix missing right-click context menu entries for media files that are associated with Windows Media Player
- Repair Windows Media Player Composition Mixer
- Fix Windows Media Player is not installed properly and must be reinstalled
- Reset Windows Media Library and fix library sync issues
- Enable automatic updates for WMP
- Flush and rebuild Windows Media Center database
- Enable flash content to be displayed in Windows Media Player while visiting online stores or the media guide
- Repair Task Manager, fix Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator.
- Enable Command prompt, fix the command prompt has been disabled by your administrator
- Enable Registry Editor, fix Registry Editing has been disabled by your administrator.
- Repair MMC Snap-Ins, some viruses disable MMC Snap-Ins to prevent access to Group Policies, Local Security Policies, Disk Management and so on.
- Reset Windows Search to default, especially helpful in Vista if the message Search Failed to initialize appears when using search.
- Reset System Restore to defaults. Aids for instance if the message System Restore has been turned off by group policy appears.
- Repair the Windows Device Manager not working properly, or not showing devices.
- Repair Windows Defender, resets all Registry settings and services to their default values.
- Fix Action Center and Windows Security not recognizing Antivirus and Firewall, or identifying the installed software as old security software.
- Repair the Turn Windows Features on or off dialog
- Repair Hibernate and Hybrid Sleep feature, fix Hibernate missing from Shutdown button options
- Restore Windows Sidebar gadgets, if sidebar gadgets missing from Gadget panel.
- Restore sticky notes delete warning dialog box
- Repair Windows Update, to prevent a blank page when visiting the update page
- Repair the help system in Windows, so that the Windows Help file opens when accessing Help.
- Fix corrupted desktop icons, clear and rebuild corrupted icon cache and increase the icon cache limit to 5000
- Fix Taskbar Jumplists missing or do not store MRU file lists
- Repair Aero Snap
- Repair Aero Shake
- Repair Aero Peek
Verdict: Yes, this software makes easy for users to change the settings from it’s graphical interface but those settings can also be changed from Windows Operating system itself. Mainly from Registry editor.