May 26, 2019

Things that you probably didn’t know about Android before

Android is the most popular products of Google in recent years. It has been popular among-st youngsters. It hasn’t been always popular since it came out, there are probably many things that you didn’t know about Android.

Android is a Linux-based operating system designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers. So Let’s see some of the true facts about Android.

[AdSense-A]

1. Logo of the Android is not the original logo that it was there when it was created. Back in 90’s there was a game called GAUNTLET- The third encounter, it had a character called android and today’s Android character is the some out copy of that game character.

2. Many People think that android is the product of Google, Google came up with the idea of android BUT NO. It was not Google who invented android but Android, Inc. was founded in Palo Alto, California in October 2003 by Andy Rubin, Rich Miner, Nick Sears and Chris White. The early intentions of the company were to develop an advanced operating system for digital cameras, when it was released that the market for the devices was not large enough, and diverted their efforts to producing a smartphone operating system to rival those of Symbian and Windows Mobile(Apple’s iPhone had not been released at the time). Google acquired Android Inc. on August 17, 2005, making it a wholly owned subsidiary of Google.

3. Nexus One is the brains of a satellite launched into orbit in 2010 by the Indian Space Research Organization, called STRaND-1. It weights around 8 pounds, is the brainchild of UK-based Surrey Satellite Technology Limited. The name stands for Surrey Training, Research, and Nano satellite Demonstrator.
4. More Male uses android than Female. About 70 percent of the android users are men and remaining 30 percent are female. Also Android is popular amongst youngsters than kids and old people.
[AdSense-B]
Do you know any more fun facts about Android? Leave it on the comment box below, I will keep it in next post called More unknown things about android.
About Bhattarai Diwas (thenepaltech) 213 Articles
I'm an Engineer and have Bachelor's Degree in Electrical and information technology. Right now I am working as a software developer in Germany. All in all I love programming and I am a tech geek.